Pesto can go pretty much with anything. Make it to spread on toast. Use it as a dip for celery, carrots, or cucumber sticks. Enjoy it as a sauce for zucchini spaghetti. Add fresh squeezed orange juice and you have a dressing. Get creative. This pesto is another great way to add nutrient dense veggies to your diet.
With this video recipe, we mix it with our roasted sweet potato recipe and turn it into a whole meal by adding a fried egg. Delicious!
This recipe will last up to 5 days in the fridge. I’ve even had it my fridge for up to 7 days, but the taste keeps best up until the 5th day.
- 2 ½ packed cups of arugula
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Add half of the oil to a blender or food processor. Some liquid on the bottom makes it easier to blend.
2. Add half of the pistachios, all the garlic, some of the sea salt and half of the arugula. Blend for a few seconds, stop and scrape the sides with a spatula.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you obtain the consistency of a paste. I like it chunky so I don’t blend it for too long. If you like a smoother texture, blend for a little longer. Either way the flavor will be fantastic.
4. Place it in a small mason jar, or any glass container to store in the fridge. Never use plastic.
5. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days (for optimal freshness) and enjoy with anything you can imagine.